Monday 13 April 2015

Meal Planning Monday #4 {13 April}

                                   


Monday again, meaning another meal planning Monday  post. 
We have done really well this week as we haven’t needed to do a big shop. We called at Tesco on Easter Saturday and got four packets of meat in the reduced section for £10. We bought a pack of pork loin steaks, some chicken breasts, a packet of mince and some sausages which had all been heavily reduced. I was really pleased to get all this for a tenner! 
Saturday nights in the past have very often been take away night where we will either order a curry or buy something from the supermarket such as a pizza or nacho’s (my absolute favourite), but this weekend I decided to make a Slimming World chicken tikka masala (recipe here: http://www.slimmingworld.com/recipes/chicken-tikka-masala.aspx ) and it was so delicious and definitely a meal I will be making again! Plus, it’s a much healthier option, not to mention saving us some pennies! 
So, this is what we are eating this week: 
Monday: We are out for tea tonight as it’s my Mother in Law’s birthday, so we will be eating there
Tuesday: Toad in the hole with mash and veg
Wednesday: Nando’s chicken – lemon and herb for me and peri peri for Michael with rice and veg
Thursday: Spaghetti bolognaise with side salad
Friday: Chicken breast wrapped in bacon stuffed with cheese with slimming world chips
Saturday: Slimming World chicken tikka masala with pilau rice 
I rarely plan for Saturday’s and Sunday’s as we usually have a treat tea on  a Saturday as I work on Sunday’s, Michael usually cooks what I have planned the night before! However, because we both enjoyed the curry I made on Saturday, we are going to have it again this weekend J
This week’s meal I’ve never made before is toad in the hole. I’ve eaten it many times, but never actually made it. I can’t wait for it.
What's on your menu this week? 

                                                            mpm different fonts.png

*linking up with athomewithmrsmcom

No comments:

Post a Comment