Monday 4 May 2015

Meal Planning Monday #7 {04 May}




Happy Bank Holiday! It's not a very happy one for me unfortunately as I worked all day yesterday and I'm working all day today. Boo :(

Last week was very up and down week for me and things happened which changed our plans, so I didn't stick to the meal plan towards the end of the week. On Thursday's, Michael's Dad picks me up from work, then we go and get Alfie  from nursery, which is just at the top of the road (very handy). He wasn't there when I left work and I got a call from my MiL to say he was stuck in traffic as there'd been an accident. I walked up to nursery for Alfie, but it was an hour until my FiL got there for us. Alfie was so good bless him whilst we waited outside to be picked up. Due to the accident, we got home so late (6.30 instead of 5.20) so I wasn't in the mood for cooking, after being in the cold for so long, trying to juggle keeping hold of a toddler on the side of the road,. Plus, I'd also had to cancel my hair appointment, so I ended up eating some hotpoint which my MiL had kindly sent home. On Friday, I'd totally forgotten that I'd arranged to go for a meal with Mum, and on Saturday, I had a really bad day again, so we ended up with my favourite comfort food of Nacho's!

Here's what I've planned for us this week: 

Sunday: Lasagne
Monday: Pizza for Michael and smash pizza for me
Tuesday: SW Burger in a bowl ( I STILL haven't got round to making this yet)!
Wednesday: Nando's chicken, rice and veg
Thursday: Chicken breast, wrapped in bacon, stuffed with cheese, served with mash and veg
Friday: Chicken Fajita's 
Saturday: Nothing Planned.

I am working on Saturday til 6pm, so Michael will probably arrange something for tea. Usually it would be a treat tea, but as he's running the Manchester 10k on Sunday, we will be having something like pasta. 

What are you eating this week? 


mpm different fonts.png



*Linking up with At home with Mrs M

2 comments:

  1. I hate it when plans change out of your control despite your best efforts to stay on plan. The smash pizza sounds intriguing, not had that before! Send me a pic when you make it. Hope you have a better week this week honey xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you're the only person who reads my blog Emma ;) It was a tough week and I'm an emotional eater which is never the best combination! So far I'm sticking to the meal plan this week :) I love the smash pizza. Next time I make one, I'll photo it step by step so you can see. It's basically a smash base (I know some use a chicken breast cut in half) but I make smash up in a bowl, then flatten it out into a small round tin, pop it in the oven til it's going golden brown, flip it over and bake the other side til that's golden too, then add pasata or tomato puree as the base and cheese, grill til the cheese is melted and then fill with whatever toppings you like. I usually just have ham and a salad, but it's so tasty and really curbs that pizza craving :) There's a couple of pics on my instagram. It's one of my faves :) Hope you have a good week too :) xx

      Delete