Wednesday 30 September 2015

Me and Mine (September)

And just like that, September is over and we have a three year old! 

As with every month this year, September seems to have flown by and I'm sad that the summer is well and truly over. However, since having Alfie, I've definitely realised how much more I appreciate the seasons and I do love Autumn (unless it rains)! With Alfie's birthday being  at the beginning of the month, I feel like once that's over, I am truly on countdown to Christmas, despite the fact that in the first two weeks of October we have my mum's birthday, my father in law's birthday, my niece's birthday and my grandad's birthday. Not to mention my sister and brother in law's anniversary. Phew! (October is a very expensive month)!!

For Alfie's 3rd birthday, we had a little family party at our house for our close family and it was just such a lovely day. I really do love it when we are all together. I still haven't shared any pictures from it, which I need to get round to doing! 

To be honest, the rest of this month has been pretty quiet and I've nothing much to write about. Weekends, as always are spent doing the food shop and trying to catch up on jobs, and Sunday's are Alfie and Daddy days as I'm at work. Michael will usually go to his parent's in the morning and they'll all take him somewhere for a few hours. I love that he gets that one on one time with Michael, but I really hate how much I miss out on by only having one day a week with them! 

I tried and tried to get a nice family picture of us this month and failed! I thought Alfie's party or his birthday would have been the perfect opportunity, but he's a stubborn little thing and if Alfie doesn't want a picture taking, then Alfie's not having a picture taken, so I'm cheating a bit this month and including a picture which was actually taken on our anniversary last month. We got the pictures back this week and I can't wait to share them! So I shall leave you with a little preview and some photo's from Alfie's party. 

I adore this photo of us. Taken at our Wedding Venue, Haigh Hall, taken exactly one year after we were married, taken by our wedding Photographer Christopher Lewis
Happy Birthday beautiful boy!

crammed on to Alfie's bouncy castle we bought him for his birthday! 



4 comments:

  1. Aw Nic, I love your photographs. You all look so happy. Hope Alfie had a wonderful birthday and can't believe he's 3 already! Have a lovely October xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks hun, I really love the professional one we had done. It has been a happy month - birthday's have that effect one me :) I can't believe he's 3 either, it's gone soo quick. I thought he'd turn a corner at 3, but oh my days ... We are living with a threenager. So testing. Haha! Thank you sweet, hope you have a good October too :) xx

      Delete
  2. Aww I love the photos and that looks like a great way to celebrate such a gorgeous wee boy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Carrie :) we had a lovely time celebrating. I fully believe birthdays should be celebrated the whole week ;) xx

      Delete