Sunday 24 April 2016

{The Ordinary Moments #17} Becoming Four

This week has been anything but ordinary...

We always knew that we wanted Alfie to have a sibling somewhere down the line. I remember him being a tiny little new born and we were totally wrapped up in that newborn bubble of sleepless nights, feeding, changing, visitors, finding our feet and learning how to take care of this little person. The utterly exhausting totally euphoric few weeks, where all the days merge into one and the months go by so fast that you wish it could slow down. We have had three and a half wonderful years of being parents to Alfie and over the last year or so, we've talked seriously about expanding our family.

Back in February, our dreams became reality as I saw those two lines appear on the pregnancy test (and the six I did thereafter). It's been so hard to keep it a secret, but now that secret is finally out in the open.

Although I've done all this before, I was still incredibly nervous on Thursday - scan day. I needn't have worried though as everything is good and baby is growing as s/he should be. It was totally wonderful to be able to see our little baby on the sonographer's screen and it made it all feel very, very real. Even though I've suffered really badly this time and had really bad sickness, I still felt such a wave of relief, seeing that little tiny baby on that screen. Every time I looked over at Michael, I could see the excitement in his face.

I am so incredibly lucky to be sharing this journey with him and he's just been amazing in looking after both me and Alfie over the last few weeks.

Keep growing strong little one. We can't wait to meet you.





*linking up with Katie at Mummy Daddy and me makes three


No comments:

Post a Comment